This came about this morning when baked beans were requested for brekkie by one of my daughters and I didn’t feel like the ones I normally make. So I set about creating something a bit different and we ended up finishing the entire batch. Needless to say, we now have a new recipe for baked beans in our house.
You can find an improved version of this recipe, along with a great selection of breakfasts, soups, dinners and desserts – in my cookbook, Feel Good Food Made Easy, which you can find here.
1 brown onion, peeled, quartered
2 cloves garlic, peeled
20g extra virgin olive oil
400g tin tomatoes
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp rapadura
1/2-1 tsp salt
2 x 400g cans of white beans, eg. cannellini, navy, drained and rinsed well
1. Place onion, garlic and oil into mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Sautè for 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
3. Add tomatoes, water, parsley, paprika, rapadura and salt. Chop for 10 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
4. Cook for 15 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
5. Add beans. Combine with a spatula then cook for 3 minutes/100/reverse/speed soft/MC off.
You can find a new and improved version of this recipe, along with a great selection of breakfasts, soups, dinners and desserts, in my cookbook – Feel Good Food Made Easy which you can find here.