15g ginger, peeled
20g fresh turmeric, peeled
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 onions, peeled and quartered (220g)
20g coconut oil
2 tsp black mustard seeds
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
25-30 dried curry leaves
400g canned diced tomatoes
100g cream (or coconut cream)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp coconut sugar (or rapadura)
2 big handfuls of baby spinach
1. Place cashews in mixer bowl. Process for 8 seconds/speed 8/MC on. Remove from bowl and set aside.
2. Add 1.5L water to mixer bowl. Place eggs in basket then set basket in place inside bowl. Cook for 14 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 4/MC on then remove basket and set aside. Discard water.
3. Place ginger, turmeric and garlic in mixer bowl. Blitz for 4 seconds/speed 7/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl. Repeat.
4. Add onions. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
5. Add oil. Saute for 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed soft/MC off.
6. Add mustard seeds, cumin, coriander, curry leaves and 40g water. Cook for 2 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/speed soft/MC off.
7. Add tomatoes, cream, salt, sugar, water and the milled cashews you set aside at the start. Cook for 10 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
8. Cook a further 5 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
9. Meanwhile, peel and halve the cooked eggs, placing them into a thermal server as you go. Top with spinach then when the curry sauce is cooked, pour this over the eggs and spinach. Combine with a large spoon.
10. Serve with rice or cauliflower rice.