This is a fresh tasting pasta salad, perfect for a barbie or picnic!
1/4 cup (tightly packed) parsley, leaves only
3 strips lemon zest
1 clove garlic
3 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 3 or 4 pieces
20g extra virgin olive oil
300g farfalle pasta (or another pretty-shaped pasta)
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
75g sunflower seeds
100g red capsicum, diced
60g kalamata olives, halved lengthways
40g lemon juice (approximately juice from 1 lemon)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place the lid on mixer bowl. Set to speed 8 then drop parsley and lemon zest in through the MC hole. Leave blades running for 30 seconds. After this time, check to see if the zest is finely chopped enough to your liking – if not, continue for another 30 seconds. Remove from bowl, set aside.
2. Again, place the lid on mixer bowl. Set to speed 8 then drop garlic and spring onion in through the MC hole. Leave blades running until you can no longer hear anything touching them.
3. Add oil. Saute for 4 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off. Transfer to the dish with the lemon zest/parsley.
4. Place 1.5 water in mixer bowl. Heat for 10 minutes/100/speed 1/MC on.
5. Add pasta. Cook for 10 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
6. Meanwhile, place fennel and sunflower seeds in a small frying pan. Toast until they start to change colour.
7. When pasta is cooked, strain in a colander and cool under running cold water. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Top with capsicum, olives, lemon zest/parsley mixture, garlic/spring onion mixture, fennel, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Combine well then serve.