From today onwards, this will be my go to bread recipe. I prefer it to even my Best Ever Spelt Bread, which sort of means that is no longer the best ever… lol This one is loaded with seeds and has a great wholemeal/white ratio of flour. I really like this and hope that you do too. You can change around the types of seeds you use – just make sure you stick to 120g total seed weight.
2 tsp yeast
360g whole spelt flour
230g unbleached white spelt flour
20g extra virgin olive oil
30g sunflower seeds
20g sesame seeds
10g poppy seeds
2 heaped tsp natural bread improver
2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp coconut sugar (or rapadura or honey)
1. Place all ingredients in mixer bowl in the order they are listed. KNEAD/3 minutes/MC on.
2. Transfer dough to a silicon baking mat and wrap to cover, or into an oiled bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave in a warm place until dough has doubled in size.
3. Knock all of the air out of the dough then transfer into your bread tin. Spray the surface of the bread with water (this will give a crusty exterior) and if you would like to sprinkle seeds on top, do so now. Leave in a warm place to double in size again.
4. Place in your cold oven and set to 200°C. Cook for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from tin immediately and leave to cool on a cake rack.