A tweaked version of this fab recipe can be found in my cookbook, Thermobexta Main Meals Made Easy, which you can check out here
I really love lasagne and thought it was time I shared a vegetable lasagne here with you. This uses simple ingredients and comes together into a lovely, warming, comforting meal that we don’t tend to add accompaniments to, as it contains really all you need!
200g onion, quartered
5 garlic cloves
20g dried sliced shiitake mushrooms
20g extra virgin olive oil
500g Roma tomatoes, quartered
350g carrots, roughly chopped
200g zucchini, roughly chopped
100g mushrooms, halved
100g celery, roughly chopped
75g red capsicum, roughly chopped
100g tomato paste
1/2 – 1 tbs vegetable stock paste concentrate
handful of fresh basil leaves, or a good shake of dried basil
salt and pepper
100g cheddar cheese, diced into 1.5cm cubes
50g Parmesan cheese, diced into 1.5cm cubes
200g fresh ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp freshly ground cracked black pepper
150-180g dried lasagne sheets – I really like Castagno organic dried lasagne sheets
To make the Vegetable Sauce…
1. To make the Vegetable sauce, place onion, garlic, shiitakes and oil in mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Cook for 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
2. Add tomatoes and carrots. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
3. Add zucchini, mushrooms, celery and capsicum. Chop for 30-40 seconds/speed 4/MC on, or until no l.arge chunks remain.
4. Add tomato paste, stock and basil. Push these ingredients down with a spatula and roughly stir into what is already in the bowl. Cook for 25 minutes/reverse/100 and set to speed 3, reducing the speed to speed 2 after 5 minutes cooking time.
5. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if required. Remove MC from lid and cook for a further 10 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/speed 1/MC off, with the steaming basket sitting on top of the lid to contain any splatters.
6. Transfer to another bowl. Set aside.
7. To make the Cheese topping, place Parmesan and cheddar cheeses in mixer bowl. Blitz for 5 seconds/speed 7/MC on. Remove half of the cheese to a bowl, set aside.
8. To the cheese that is left in the mixer bowl, add ricotta, milk, egg and pepper. Blitz for 10 seconds/speed 3/MC on.
9. Preheat oven to 180°C.
10. In a lasagne dish, layer components in this order: Vegetable Sauce – lasagne sheets – Vegetable Sauce – lasagne sheets – Vegetable Sauce – lasagne sheets – Vegetable Sauce (until all sauce is used). Finally, top with the Cheese Topping, dolloping spoonfuls of the mixture on then carefully spreading to cover the entire surface. Sprinkle with the grated cheese you set aside earlier.
11. Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until the lasagne sheets are cooked through. If the surface becomes brown before the pasta is ready, cover the dish with aluminium foil for the remainder of the cooking time.