Perfect for cold nights, this is a simple meal that will warm you up from the inside! Adaptable according to whatever veggies you have in your fridge, every time you make it will be different, but you can’t really go wrong.
750g vegetables (such as carrots, celery, cauliflower, capsicum, mushrooms, zucchini, pumpkin, parsnip, turnip, etc)
1 onion, peeled, halved
2 garlic cloves, peeled
30g extra virgin olive oil
400g tin tomatoes
60-80g odds-and-ends vegetable stock concentrate (or 3 tsp herbamare)
1 tsp dried oregano (or basil)
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4-1/2 tsp ground black pepper
80g risoni or other small pasta
1. Place vegetables, onion and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop for 20 seconds/speed 4/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Add oil. Cook for 10 minutes/100/speed 1/MC on.
3. Add tomatoes, stock, herbs, pepper and water up to 0.5cm under the II symbol at the 2L mark inside the bowl (approx. 600g water). Cook for 10 minutes/100/speed 1/MC on.
4. Taste and add salt and/or pepper, if needed.
5. Add pasta. Use a spatula to combine with the soup. Cook for 8-12 minutes/100/speed 1/MC on. (Cook for the length of time specified on your pasta packet).
6. Serve in bowls and warm up your insides 🙂
If you are unable to eat pasta, increase vegetables slightly and use a potato or two for the starch, which will help to thicken the soup.