150g onion, peeled, quartered
4 garlic cloves, peeled
20g extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)
2.5 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp mild paprika
1/8 tsp ground cardamom
400g tin crushed tomatoes
270ml tin coconut cream
50g tomato paste
1 tsp granulated sea salt
300g butternut pumpkin, peeled, diced into 2.5-3cm cubes
200-300g tempeh, diced into 1.5-2cm cubes (or 400g tin chickpeas, drained, rinsed)
150g frozen baby peas
rice or cauliflower rice, torn coriander leaves, chapati, to serve
1. Place onion and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Add oil. Saute for 4 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
3. Add coriander, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, paprika and cardamom, ensuring you place between the blades. Saute for 1 minute/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
4. Set butterfly in place on blades. Add tomatoes, coconut cream, tomato paste and salt. Cook for 15 minutes/100/speed 1/MC on.
5. Add pumpkin and tempeh. Cook for 10 minutes/100/reverse/speed soft/MC on.
6. Add peas. Cook for 3 minutes/100/reverse/speed soft/MC on.
7. Serve in bowls with rice or cauliflower rice and chapati. Garnish with torn coriander.
Feel free to swap the pumpkin and tempeh for other ingredients such as sweet potato, chickpeas, cauliflower, broccoli, etc. If using harder veggies such as potato and/or carrots, increase cooking time at step 5 and cook until tender.
For those that eat chicken, my partner thinks it would be awesome in this. If using chicken, add at step 5 and ensure the chicken is cooked through before serving.