This is a great Friday night recipe, when you’re tired and just want dinner on the table fast, with little effort. Made with ingredients you will most likely have on hand (other than probably the corn chips), it’s convenient and thrifty! This recipe was inspired by my wonderful sister, Claire xx
150g onion, quartered
3 garlic cloves, peeled
30g extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
a couple of shakes of chilli powder
1 tsp granulated sea salt
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
2 x 400g tins legumes, drained, rinsed (such as lentils, kidney beans, cannellini beans, four bean mix, etc.)
sour cream, diced avocado, torn coriander leaves (to serve, optional)
2. Place cheese in mixer bowl. Grate for 4 seconds/speed 7/MC on. Transfer to a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Place onion and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
4. Add oil. Saute for 4 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
5. Add coriander, cumin and chilli. Saute a further 1 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
6. Add passata, salt, sugar and oregano. Cook for 5 minutes/100/speed 1/MC on.
7. Add legumes. Use a spatula to combine well. Cook for 5 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
8. Meanwhile, place tray of corn chips in the oven. Warm through for 5 minutes.
9. Serve the sauce on top of warmed corn chips (or rice), then top with the grated cheese and your choice of suggested toppings.